This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.
Executive Chef- Brunswick, Maine
International boutique hotel company seeks an Executive Chef to be a key player in the redevelopment of a hotel project in Brunswick, Maine. This individual will lead a team and the F&B vision to create a highly reputable destination restaurant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Designs and develops daily and seasonal menus. Meets with Director of F&B and GM to discuss new menu items and set up tastings allowing time for costing of all new items before menu changes are implemented.
2. Keeps Director of F&B and GM informed of his schedule on a weekly basis.
3. Liaisons with GM to ensure open lines of communication are maintained.
4. Is responsible for controlling food inventory, maintenance of the kitchen equipment, Kitchen upkeep and sanitation, according to federal, state and local guidelines.
5. Submit purchases based on budgetary guidelines.
6. Submit all culinary invoices to accounting.
7. Recruits, hires and coordinates training of culinary staff.
8. Represents, communicates and ensures that employees understand and act on the vision of the owner.
9. Oversees the weekly culinary staff schedule.
10. Knows the job standards for each position within the kitchen and instructs employees in the correct execution of them.
11. Responsible for managing activities for back of the house, and plans and schedules daily food production in relation to anticipated demand
12. Ensures food quality, presentation and production cost controls are maintained.
13. Oversee the successful execution of weekend brunch, lunch, dinner and banquet service.
14. Actively seeks out new products and process innovations that enhance guest experience and profitability.
1. College/Culinary Degree or equivalent experience
2. Must be able to fluently read, write and speak English.
1. Minimum of three years of experience in a comparable position in an upscale restaurant/bar/hotel.
2. Professional appearance, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Boston East India Hotels LLC is a hotel investment, development and management company with offices in the United States and India. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, the company focuses its development and management activities on strategic markets and gateway cities globally that have strong fundamentals but are often underserved by quality lifestyle and mid-scale assets.